PADnet Training Services
Quickly start your vascular disease detection program and ensure quality test results with a nationally recognized training and credentialing program.
Our comprehensive training includes a studio training from qualified clinical personnel and a technician credentialing program. A studio training includes testing with pre-scheduled patients. A three-part technical training manual includes exams to test knowledge. The training ensures that technicians have knowledge of peripheral vascular disease, patient selection and diagnostic and therapeutic options. In addition, tests performed for training are checked by Biomedix clinical staff for accuracy and completeness.
The American College of Foot & Ankle Orthopedics & Medicine (ACFAOM), an education, research and advocacy organization, plays an important role in ensuring technician proficiency by overseeing training and competency assessment, guaranteeing that the training curriculum is of the highest quality. Performance is monitored on a regular basis, and test outputs are reviewed to ensure that results match symptoms reported by each patient.
A practical and theoretical approach
Biomedix provides a structured training curriculum designed to ensure proficiency in all clinical and technical aspects of testing before a certificate of community-based peripheral arterial and/or venous testing competence is granted.
- Clinical and technical guides
- On-site training demonstrating how to perform an Ankle-Brachial Index (ABI), Segmental Pressures, Toe-Brachial Index (TBI), Pulse Volume Recordings (PVR) and venous refill using the PADnet® system.
- Online competency assessment
- Evaluation of 10 completed patient tests
A comprehensive competency assessment includes:
- Test administration and operation technique
- Basic cardiovascular anatomy and physiology
- Patient selection, communication and education
- Technical troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of test interpretation
After successful completion of the ACFAOM training and credentialing program, ACFAOM will award a Certificate of Competence in Community-Based Peripheral Arterial Testing. This certificate verifies a technician's proficiency in operating PADnet equipment. If a technician does not successfully complete the training program, a Clinical Specialist may provide additional training.
For additional information about ACFAOM credentialing to operate PADnet call 877-854-0014.